Friday, December 15, 2006

3 Rail Firsts With Lino Gonzalez




Everybody knows Lino is one of the premiere rail bosses of our time, so I got at him for some insight into his trickery:

1) Feeble to 180 on that kinked rail in Can I Eat-
That was my first official Animal trip. At the time of filming that trick I wasn't even gonna have a section in the video, we had just taken a trip out to Ohio to film Hamilton and it just happened. I had trouble getting to the end of the rail, that was the hard part. Once you get to the end the 180 can just happen.

2) Smith to 180 rail in Standpoint-
Filming this trick was the worst. I went on a Standpoint trip to Wilmington, DE, we went to the famous black rail there. For some reason I felt like I could do it on that rail, but after a few tries the cops showed up and we almost went to jail. We had limited time to finish the Standpoint bio, and Navaz really wanted to film that trick, so a couple days before the deadline, he drove up to Mass, we drove over to Providence and I some how managed to do it. That was seriously luck.

3) Icepick to hard 180 in All Day-
I had been doing this trick for a little while but only on super slick grind boxes, but I had the spot in mind that I wanted to do it at. The oppertunity finally came to go to the spot when Rob Dolecki came thru and we drove over to the spot. After trying it about 20 times I threw my bike and by bars snapped out of my stem so I couldnt try it anymore. I got another chance to go to that spot when Bob came through. We went over there mid afternoon and after making Bob bake in the son for a little while I finally did it, it was terrible looking but I'm not real picky about that, I was just psyched to ride that spot again.

No comments: