Friday, December 15, 2006

Steve-O Bike Check & Interview



I was supposed to go riding today with Steve and my friend George who is staying with me from Austria ( he shoots photos for DIG ). We were going to ride the city and take a picture of Steve smithing up a rail. I was also going to take a picture of his bike to use for this bike check that we did last night, but unfortunately it's pouring rain and it's supposed to keep raining all night. This picture is like 6 months old and he probably isn't riding any of the same parts anymore, but you get the idea.

Frame: 2hip Lino
Fork: Odyssey Race
Bars: Animal Tyrone Williams
Stem: Animal Jumpoff
Grips: Animal Edwin DeLarosa
Headset: FSA
Seatpost Clamp: Animal
Seatpost: 2hip Bikes
Seat: 2hip Bikes Pivotal

Cranks: Primo HollowBites
Sprocket: Animal 22t
Chain: one we took off a dyno in the city cause mine broke
Front Tire: animal GLH 2.10
Front Wheel: Gsport to a RhynoLite
Rear Tire: Animal GLH
Rear Wheel: Primo MIX 36 with primo Balance rim
Pegs: Animal LONGS
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted Plastic

Modifications: I cut my mounts, shave my fork down, cut my bars, cut my flanges, always painting it, always gotta have a good sticker job

Other: Gotta have it bounce like a basketball.

This interview is almost 2 months old, but I'm not using it for anything else so here you go.


When are you going to put brakes on and start doing fufanus?


Come on you already know the answer to this, I put brakes on for a day and proceeded to hack the mounts off with the brakes still attatched.


How do you feel about corrupting the world of young riders by turning them onto alcohol, like Garret Reynolds?


Yo, I didn't do that! Augie did that shit man. They fucked him up. But yo, Garrett's a funny drunk man. He can drink a fucking sip of your Jack Daniels and be twisted for the next 2 days.

Yeah but he's also 14, right?


Nah, he's 16 now.

There was a lot of beef in the past with people accusing you of stealing bikes. What's the current state of that?


Don't even get me started on that. Anyone who steals bikes is a scumbag, I didn't steal no bikes.

So you deny it?


I stole one bike but it was for personal reasons because the dickhead stole something from me and I had to get it back. It's the only thing I stole ever, so Chester Blacksmith if you see this, I didn't take your bike. I know the nigga that took your bike, go get him not me.

How did this rumor start that you took Chester Blacksmith's bike?

Yo, I don't even know. I mean I do know who it is who started it but I'm not going to say nothing. It's old news and I don't feel like bringing up beef.

Are you down with Animal?


Yeah, I like Animal. Shane and Ralph gave me some shit. I don't know what you want me to say, I like Animal. I got some bars, stem, tires, grips... I didn't get the pedals because I'm into plastic pedals all day.

What's this plastic pedal trend all about?


I don't know, they're the best things ever. If you want to be a pussy, go ahead and learn tailwhips to the plastic pedals. It's all good. 2-Hip plastic pedals coming out soon.

So what's the status with 2-Hip bikes aka Wilkerson Airlines?


Basically right now the whole team is done. Getting remodeled. Cory Jarman is off...

What do you think of Cory Jarman?


That guy sucks man. Basically he put together a part for the 2-Hip video and he wasn't going to quit til the video came out, so he could get more exposure. He was going to quit for Black Eyes Bikes. If you go to blackeyebikes.com you'll see some Cory Jarman photos. He's a real good bike rider, he's got no style but he's a real good bike rider. He's got problems man, he thinks BMX owes him something, he thinks BMX owes him money. Thanks for calling me out for riding 5 step rails. I'll fucking feeble grind your face nigga.

Where did he say that?

He called me out on it when he was in California, I wasn't even there. He said it to Lino and of course Lino is going to tell me. So, Cory Jarman you are just a fucking buffoon.

How do you feel about these allegations that you only ride 5 stair rails?


I do. ( laughter ) I don't know, I enjoy what I ride, I don't even really ride rails anymore, if there's a good rail I'll ride it. I'll ride whatever. Mini-ramps have been fun lately. I'm riding a fucking yellow ledge right now.

Allright, thank you list:


Lino of course, Ron at 2-Hip, Myspace, My mom and my dad, Spinner for making my house smelly, Tyler at Kronik, Mike at Nation. Thanks to all my friends. Thanks to my girlfriend for putting up with me. Thanks to Adam for everything, letting me borrow a camera for 2 years. Thanks for this interview, thanks for coming out today, yeah. Oh and thanks to mealplans.

No comments: