Friday, December 15, 2006

QUICK STEVE-O INTERVIEW.




My man Steve Croteau had a few things on his mind following the Brooklyn Banks jam and I figured I'd give him a chance to get them off his chest. He's got a full interview coming up in my zine with some ill photos too, so keep an eye out. Peep game:

You were pretty heated about some of the shit people said to you in regards to the fight at the Banks Jam, namely someone calling you a "nigger lover" on BMXBoard. What's that about?

I dont know, these kids on bmxboard honestly think they know it all. That shit between Blackman and the other dude is their business, not for some punk to post pictures and videos on the internet, Blackman isnt my best friend or nothin, but it would suck to see something like that. He had it coming to him is what people are saying, and I fully agree, but it was yesterday and todays today, so get over it. As for that kid who called me a "nigger lover", he will get dealt with, thats some fuckin wrong shit.


Do you think that kids who would say that shit online are straight up racist or just trying to front like they're hard on the internet? Because I think everyone knows that none of those faggots are going to call Black a nigger to his face.


Just bmxboard punks man. Not one of those kids who say that type of shit would ever call Blackman or Ed or Rone a nigger... and who the fuck says nigger anyway? Some fucking hillbilly bullshit, kid needs to learn not to be a dick. He'll learn soon.

Who else are you mad at right now in BMX?

Just little kids who think they know it all, how the industry is, and who people are. I dont know I just cant stand it. Especially since I saw a thousand kids yesterday rockin purple cause they thought it was the thing... I dont know shit like that bothers me when it shouldnt.


What's good with the smith grind on the rail next to the wall at the banks jam when you told me 5 days before that you couldn't smith rails anymore? Haha.


I dont know, i told Terra I would do it because he was complaining he had no shots of the rail, and I was like alright I'll smith it, then everyone crowded the rail so I thought it was out, but later in the day the best trick on rail happened, and I don't know, crazy moves went down so I got hyped to smith it. It felt proper, I'm pretty happy, nobody has a picture of it, but oh well.

Any last words?

Just do what you do, don't copy an image, dont change for people, do whatever you wanna do. Copying someone else wont get you anywhere, I saw too many clones yesterday at the jam, and it was too ridiculous.



Also check out this edit of Steve shredding. Some footage from the 2hip video, but a bunch of new stuff too.

No comments: