Friday, December 15, 2006

6 Questions With Brad Simms



Brad Simms came through with one of the best sections of 2006 in Shook, along with the stand out part in the Bulldog video. I caught up with him for a few questions about weight lifting, sponsorship changes and 20 stair up rail icepicks.

1) It's pretty obvious from looking at you that you're into weight lifting. How did you get into that and what's your training schedule like? How serious about it are you and have you ever thought about getting into competing?

If I'm home I usually work out every other day. A lot of bench pressing, curls, military press... I'm pretty serious about it, I like to have a well maintained physique haha. I would never want to compete in that because those guys eat, sleep & shit weight lifting plus, they can't wipe their own asses hahahahaa... no need to be that big.

2) Everybody wants to know what was going through your head when you icepicked up that huge rail in your Shook part. What made you want to do that? Is it true you tried to manual up it?


I remember Van doing a huge ice down a rail in CM, so I was like "I wonder how people would respond to someone doing an ice up a rail", of course I had no idea that I was going to pull it, but it took 7 tries. Basically my friend Eric said it was impossible so I said "shut up no it's not" & somehow on the 7th try I pulled one of the most amazing things that I might ever do on a bike... yeah I tried to manual up it. I got scared so I bitched out and stopped trying, but before I move out of MD I think I'm going to go back and do it.

3) You were representing Bulldog for a long ass time but now you're off their team and riding for Hoffman. What happened?


BD had one of the best teams everyone on there was and still is a good friend of mine, some closer than others, but yeah I left because I knew I had more opportunity with Hoffman & I started to feel empty promises from Bulldog. Jimmy mac is a good man and I respect him to the fullest.

4) Who are your favorite people to ride with and what motivates you to do the crazy, progressive stuff we've seen from you?


My favorite people to ride with are people who like to have a good time, crazy riders, people who like to try and learn things, that whole progressive area... crazy riders motivate me.

5) You're a pretty short guy but you can bunnyhop and 180 higher than pretty much everyone. How does that work?


Nah, I can't bunnyhop higher than everyone, but I can 180 really high I can 180 higher than I can hop I can't hop 44" but I can 180 it... being shorter I guess you have to have a lot of technique.

6) What can we expect to see from you in 2006?


More progressive riding.

Comment on this post by clicking here.

No comments: