Friday, December 15, 2006

6 Questions With Steve Crandall

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think Steve Crandall likes The Come Up. And yesterday, perhaps to show me that he likes it, he sent me a photo of himself eating a slice of pizza in NYC out of the blue. I appreciate the photo, but figured I needed a little something to go with the photo in order to complete the package, so I asked him 6 questions.


1) Right now on a certain BMX messageboard there's some bitching and moaning going on about FBM's warranty situation. What's the deal with that and how do you feel about kids who take their vendettas against frame companys to the messageboards?


BMXBoard is awesome, where else can you go and read about how fat I am because some kid broke a frame. I have even been threatened by a kid named Austin Omalley who lives in Chicago. He said he was going to kick my ass and blow up the FBM warehouse.
Bikes break from being ridden, some bikes break sooner than people would like, and that sucks, but what can I do? If you want a bike thats going to last forever, In my opinion, you should ride something gnarlier than a trailstyle frame.

We are not trying to rip kids off, we do what we can and we try and be fair. there are a lot more kids stoked on the FBM frames they have than there are kids talking shit online. I think those dudes ( the ones that arent shittalking ) are out riding, or building jumps, or ramps or working a second job, or taking care of their kids, or what have you, but they aren't standing on a digital soap box yelling and making threats.

Do you know how many warranty claims ( bikes returned) are made by retards that sent a frame with no info? Or the wrong info, or just flat out lied to one of us on the phone? Or called up and threatened us? And we are the ones who are shady?
I wish I could make every customer happy, but thats unrealistic, and if it took us a while to get ahold of some kids, I apologize, we are trying....
I guess to answer the question though, people have the right to say what they want, wether I like it or not....



2) What's the deal with Aaron Ross? Is it hard sponsoring such a madman?


It took me a second to get used to someone who rides down the street, nearly getting killed by traffic, and text messaging the whole time, and then tailwhipping down a flight of stairs. Aarons pretty cool, I wish i had more time to film with him, but he's hot right now, and filming for like 44 projects, but when that Etnies video drops, people are going to freak out.



3) What member of the FBM army is most likely to switch sides and not be able to say "no homo" anymore?


You mean turn gay or come out of the closet? I am more worried about paying my rent on time, than I am on other peoples sexual orientation. No homeowner....


4) If you had to pick one video part from one FBM video and use it to represent everything you've done with the company, which part would it be and why.


Probably the slide show on the 10 year, it shows a long history of alot of us having fun and riding bikes. Either that or Albert St. I think we were crazy back then, I can't even believe some of the shit that was in that thing. I guess all the videos for different reasons, you know? I've been around a while, so its fun to look back.


5) When is the next FBM video coming out and what can we expect from it?


I havent made the new FBM video yet, but its probably on you toob already.
Expect Cameron Wood footage that will make you nervous, expect people laughing, expect people to talk shit on us when they see it, and expect us to not give a fuck, because we will have had fun making it, and thats all that matters. I'll make a whole video filled with indian givers, ballrides and box jump footage, I dont even care.



6) Tony Hamlin claims you jerked off in his sleeping bag in his interview on the FBM site. True or false and why?


Tony has spent alot of time traveling with me, and I am not confessing to anything. These youngsters might get scared from time to time when travelling with the older FBM crowd, but none of them have gone cross country with Lou Bickle, that even freaked me out.

Good shit. If you have time check out the FBM site, there are a bunch of good interviews with their riders, as well as some photos and videos and shit.

No comments: