Friday, December 15, 2006

5 Questions with Vinnie Sammon



Responding to Myspace messages is clearly not Vinnie's top priority, but if you give him time ( in this case well over a month, LOL ) he'll usually get back to you. Check it:

1) Can you go on record with the real reason that Blackman got kicked out of the Snoff Shack and everyone kinda stopped hanging with him? Are you still friends with him?


I'm still friends with him and got love for the critter and all that, but he's on his own shit... Blacks a character and I hope he stays out of trouble... Not really my business to air out the personal stuff for people who never met him.

2) What happened to www.merked.com ? It was up for a week or two and seemed really good but the link is down now.

I wanted to do a site for a while... Then a bunch of shit popped off on top of me being a bum. The site went down and the dude doing it was going through some real shit, so I wasn't about to bust his balls about it... It's a cool thing maybe i can contribute to some sites or some shit... The grimaldo video on Youtube and Russ thing on Defgrip were supposed to be my first pieces of 'content'... this was like 4 months ago. Haha.

3) You took off 2 of your pegs after many years and have been doing some cool shit like Derek Dustering the Banks rail and doing that weird crooked feeble thing on the benches off water street... why'd you decide to switch your set-up up?

I like grinds... I always switch it up and fuck with the pedal and pegless shit... I wish i could learn crank arm slides, but that trick shows me no love... I still don't know if i can do derek dusters or if I just hold on for the ride.. It's a bizarre trick.

5) What is everyone who was living at the shack doing now? I know you're back in Jersey and hear Ed's in Philly or something.


Me and bob are in jersey chillin'... Rone and Ed are still in BK, and Jerry is a mama's boy back in the bronx... Polito the chicken got adopted by some lady on the block... We're all still boys.. It was seriously the best times of my life... It was nonstop with general laziness and people just chillin'... I got stories for days... I hope some other heads get a BMX house going in Brooklyn so I can come through and leave trash everywhere and clog the toilet... Haha.

6) I heard you were getting mistaken for an undercover cop while living in Brooklyn, haha, true or false?

It's true... I never really got fucked with living out there. I'm a big white dude in baggy clothes looking for shit at 3 am... That's every undercover cop in Brooklyn for the most part haha... I was always the white kid growing up so I'm used to the bullshit... The DTEK, b...

No comments: