Friday, December 15, 2006

6 Questions With Skinny

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When I first came to NYC on a trip 3 years ago, Skinny was one of the first kids I rode with and he convinced me to try a trick I had never tried before within about 10 minute of knowing him. He's a sick rider too, so I sent him some questions to get the scoop:

1) You just left Bulldog to get flow from Volume. What prompted that decision?

Well I've been on bulldog for 3 years now, and although Jimmy and I are close friends I felt volume had more to offer. I do appreciate everything jimmy has done for me past and present, I left on good terms.

2) Mike Brennan, you, Marlon, Oba, Brad Simms... it seems like everyone who was in the Bulldog video is off all of a sudden. Is shit messed up over there?


Things at Bulldog are a bit shaky at times, but everyone left for various reasons. We all hoped that we could help the company grow, but out grew the company instead

3) You're semi-injured right now, what happened and how's recovery going?

I'm actually fully healed and currently filming for Volume's "On The Clock" video. I injured my ankle trying to whip some stairs, slipped the pedal, ran my foot over, heard a loud 'POP' and was out for three weeks. I'm all good now though, talk about sexual healing... Lol

4) There was some beef going down at the Banks Jam, do you think NYC is kinda fucked up right now in terms of gossip and fighting or was that more of an isolated incident?


N.Y.C isn't fucked up at all. What would any scene be without gossip and fighting? The incident was isolated, but just happened to occur in the middle of a jam(lmao)

5) What's your personaly policy on non-blacks using the N word in your presence and what effect does changing the ended from "er" to "a" have?


That topics a little touchy. I have non black friends around me that say it as a term of endearment. Changing the affix from "er" to "a" doesn't really make a difference. If someone I'm not too familiar with says it around me it puts me in a wierd predicament. Most times I pretend that I don't hear it just to avoid a conflict

5.5) Word on the street is that Tijon may be the best lover that the new york bmx scene has ever had, can you confirm or deny those rumors? No homo.


Lol that's so funny, I went to skate night ( every tuesday, open bar from 10-11, will taubin on the wheels of steel, "Fontana's" on the corner of eldridge and grand st) and I overheard this girl telling her friends how good tijon was in bed, and how he "stares passionately into my eyes". Lol. She literally slithered out of her chair thinking about the passionate fellow while saying "I wish I he was in me right now", hahah

6) What advice can you give all the kids reading this in terms of how to become a "sexy ass nigga" like yourself?


Always remember, being sexy is a state of mental being. Confidence is sexy, girls love to laugh, keep em smiling, charm the panties right off of that lady, and then gimme her number, lol

Check out these links below

Www.Myspace.com/skinnyissexy

Www.myspace.com/basebrooklyn1986

Www.animalbikes.com

Www.basebrooklyn.net
Www.volumebikes.com

No comments: